Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Algebra Worksheets - Lesson 1

    The cubes and jack stones are good, the board will be replaced (need something better to accommodate 
     my playful jack stones.




Today I am sharing some Algebra equations worksheets I made based on the  Hands-On Equation material developed by Dr. Henry Borenson. I actually didn't have the kit because I couldn't afford to buy it back then (sad but true.). Yet, I took it as an opportunity to innovate a good product, integrate teaching principles in  both general and special education, and add a dash of fun for pupils and teacher alike during sessions (especially if you get into the group activity part, it's AVKO approach (Audio-Visual-Kinesthetics- Oral) so you can't help but have fun and laugh). It also gave me the opportunity to exercise my brain in number works so I made more than 200 pages of numeric equations.

You can buy the material on their site (no I don't get commission for promoting the material though it would be awesome if I get that). The worksheets I made contain generous amount of equations for practice. The material I used, I actually modified it to catch kids' attention quickly so they think that they are just playing (no pressure). I made about 50 sets myself  with help from my students whom I gave summer jobs doing that. I love handicraft and carpentry is my hobby so that was really fun. To complete the new project, I also integrated part of my M.A. thesis study on Positive Behavior Supports.

In short, I developed a new system of teaching applicable to all subjects taken in class. The worksheets below are part of the said system. There is a teacher manual I especially made for implementing this algebra lessons.

The board needs modification though. I will change that later on to accommodate my playful jack stones. For now, that board will do.

Check out the sample Algebra equations worksheets:

 <= This one is the kit that you could use with the worksheets here (while my kits are still in production stage). The set using jack stones (the one referred here is my modification as I find it more playful and amusing)  will be out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment