Saturday, August 16, 2014

Special Education

I was looking for some old files when I came across my SPED folder. I have so much to thank for the day I decided to pursue Special Education as that gave me the chance to meet all the beautiful people and experiences that made me who I am now. Paying forward is the best thank you that I could give to them.


With one of my students in the Mentally Challenged Class at City Central School, CDO. 90% o the students here have Down Syndrome.


The Visually Impaired Class made me pay more attention to details and master observation skills.

While the Learning Disability Class engaged much with the creative arts strategy I shared in class.

Signing (ASL) was something I totally gotten into unexpectedly. Learning the language of these HI students fascinated me so much that I was able to memorize 1500 signs in a month's time. Totally engrossed that I would be signing to songs of David Pomeranz (as mostly his songs have slow beats) every chance I get, anywhere! (there were times people would look at me like I was cuckoo. dang!)




No comments:

Post a Comment